What Is It About Indie Games Draw You In?

We all know about how many AAA titles are being released in a state that would make many business professionals blush. It’s pretty much the opposite side of the spectrum when it comes down to the indie game market. There are so many titles out there that are generally released without issue. Now, that isn’t to say that indie games are always bug-free experiences, it’s just that the people working on these games are not driven by a soulless executive breathing down their necks.

What brings you to the world of indie games?

The main thing I can think of that brings me into the world of playing indie video games is CREATIVITY in the game’s development. Most AAA games developers no longer care about being very creative when developing their games which is a big shame.

I love seeing what indie developers can do with pre existing engines like Game maker and such. Of course some indie developers use more powerful tools like Unreal and Unity, but it’s still cool to see a small group of people come together and build a fun game with half the budget that triple A titles get. Most indie games also tend to go for that retro game vibe which I love. You see them get inspired by games they grew up playing.