Steam Family Now in Beta

Steam is getting in the game a bit more, with Steam Family.

This is so much better than their current offering. Gives you the ability to play two different games at the same time and if you want to play the same game, just get another copy of it. Steam is letting the game developers have full control over whether or not this is allowed for their games.

1 Like

This is amazing to see. I don’t use Steam as much as I used to anymore which is a shame but this was something I was looking for many years ago when I and my kids were playing a lot of games through Steam and they were using my account.

It’s good to know that this is available now though.

This makes me happy! It’s been a pain to get Steam set up to where both my wife and I can access each others games, there’s been times where she wanted to play a game I had installed under my account but she couldn’t play it since I needed to go into the settings to share it with her. I understand their reasoning for making game sharing difficult, they don’t want people to easily share games with their friends since then they wouldn’t have to pay for anything. Still I’m glad Steam is finally coming around and making this process easier for everyone!

I agree, this is a great first step and looking forward to the improvements Steam will make.