Our New Peertube Instance Coming Soon

After several starts and restarts in getting the Peertube instance up and running, I have to say that it’s going quite well so far. I’m currently getting some of the old indie game spotlights added and will start to add new items to it shortly.

What I want to do is have it to be the place for upcoming indie game reviews, showcases, live stream VODs, and more. As the Indie Basement is essentially a place for all of this and content creation, I’m wanting to have the instance have the first runs of any new videos. These new releases will have an exclusive run of about two weeks (don’t quote me on this) before the video is then uploaded onto the YouTube side.

In the future I might even create a new YouTube channel as a catch-all for these but, I’m not entirely sold on it though. I’ll post the link to the site very soon as I want to finish building out the site with dedicated categories (channels in Peertube) and to find other relevant instances to set up a federation too. At this time I will not be opening it up to sign-ups, working with limited resources and infrastructure isn’t the way to go about bringing an untold number of people into the instance. I might change this in the future.

The previous iteration was taken down by me for reasons that I wasn’t happy in how it was working out. I will be revisiting in creating a peertube instance in the near future but, for now all videos will be still available on YouTube.

During last night’s live stream, I showed off the new iteration of our upcoming Peertube instance. Working right now in uploading older videos to repopulate the content available. I’m also working on learning Peertube’s markup flavor so that I can have a great-looking home page. I plan on promoting the instance soon so keep an eye out here or on my socials.

Still working on getting older videos up on the Peertube instance, everything is going to plan which is quite good :smiley:

I will post the URL to it very shortly and will be uploading all new content to Peertube first before YouTube.